Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox have formally announced their plans to distrust old Symantec-issued certificates starting on March15, 2018. Wondering what this news means for your business? First, you must locate all certificates in your organization with Symantec roots. Then, you must revalidate and replace each of them. If performed manually, this process will take up significant time and resources, and leave you vulnerable to errors.
This move is serving as a wake-up call for organizations that lack the agility needed to respond to external events without grinding their business to a halt.
The AppViewX platform offers a solution that can be easily implemented into your existing network. The AppViewX CERT+ module offers the agility needed to discover and manage certificates across reputed public CAs in your organization. While AUTOMATION+ offers the flexibility to build custom automation workflows, leaving you with the ability to prepare for the unexpected.
This Reference Implementation offers a sample automation workflow that can be used to replace your Symantec certificates with certificates from approved CAs.
The workflow provides the flexibility to
- Self-service multiple Symantec certificate replacements in a single request
- Migrate to the CA of your choice – DigiCert, Entrust, Trustwave or Comodo Certificate Manager
- Choose a new hash algorithm or key bit length to generate a CSR
- Automatically submit the new CSR to the selected CA
- Pull the new certificates from the CA and add them to your AppViewX inventory
- Email the certificate replacement report to the requester
To automate the discovery and replacement of Symantec certificates in your existing infrastructure, try our Reference Implementation workflow today, and eventually tailor it to meet your unique business needs.
To get started, download the free version of AppViewX with preloaded automation workflows, or import the Symantec Certificate Migration workflow into your existing AppViewX instance.